Lifetime is only available in the US, so if you travel overseas, then you won’t be able to stream its content. Any attempt to access mylifetime.com online with a non-US IP address results in a redirection to the website of A+E Networks EMEA. Needless to say, this is frustrating if you’re only away for a short time and want to continue watching your favorite TV shows such as Bring It! and Married at First Sight. This is where a VPN comes in.
With a VPN, you can connect to a server back home in the US. In doing so, you’ll be assigned a US IP address. This allows you to stream Lifetime online from anywhere in the world. What’s more, a VPN encrypts your internet traffic and hides your actual IP address and location. So not only will you be able to bypass content restrictions (such as those of Lifetime), you’ll be able to browse more securely and with greater privacy.
You can find more in-depth reviews of the best VPNs for watching Lifetime. First, here’s a brief overview of each in case you’re looking to make a quick decision:
- NordVPN: Best VPN for Lifetime. Roughly 2,000 US servers in 15 cities. Also works with Netflix and Prime Video. Specialty P2P servers, a no-logs policy, and 24/7 support.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN for Lifetime. 600+ US servers in 25 cities. Stream Lifetime and 30+ Netflix libraries. Unlimited simultaneous connections and has MultiHop servers.
- ExpressVPN: Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Lifetime without interruption. Servers available in 94 countries globally. Very strong security and top customer support, 24/7.
- CyberGhost: Huge network of over 9,000 servers (1,400 in the US). Good speeds for streaming and supports up to seven simultaneous connections. Strict no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Large number of servers in the US (1,400+) for watching Lifetime and even Netflix US. No connection limit and provides very fast server speeds. Highly secure.
- PrivateVPN: Compatible with many popular streaming platforms including Lifetime, Netflix, and Disney+. User-friendly desktop and mobile apps and a true no-logs policy.
- Atlas VPN: Strong unblocking allows you to stream Lifetime from any location. Very good server speeds and lets you connect all of your devices. Malware blocker included.
How to stream Lifetime from anywhere with a VPN
First time using a VPN? Streaming Lifetime with a VPN is very quick and easy. All you have to do is follow the simple step-by-step instructions below:
- Start by signing up with one of the VPNs listed below in this post. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, download and install the VPN app that’s compatible with your device. The VPNs we’ve recommended all allow multiple simultaneous connections.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to a server located in the US. This is how you get a US IP address even if you’re currently traveling abroad.
- Now you can go to Lifetime and select your preferred content. This should now stream without further restriction.
- Blocked? Clear your cookies and refresh your browser. Failing this, it’s worth trying a different US server. Otherwise, your VPN’s support may be able to assist you further.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Lifetime with no restrictions for a month—perfect if you happen to be away on vacation for a few weeks.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn’t right for you and you’ll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Want to know how we chose the best VPNs for streaming Lifetime? The ability to unblock Lifetime is a top priority, but there are multiple other factors to consider, particularly related to performance and security. Here are some of the key criteria each VPN had to fulfill (we go into our methodology in greater detail later on in this post):
- Servers in countries worldwide (including the US for accessing Lifetime)
- Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth for lag-free streaming
- High level of security through military-grade encryption
- Operates a no-logs policy with no identifying logs of users
- Live chat and email support available around the clock
Best VPNs for streaming Lifetime
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for streaming Lifetime:
NordVPN sets itself apart from the majority of VPN providers in that it has nearly 2,000 servers in the US alone. These servers are located across 15 cities including Los Angeles and New York. It’s very easy to access Lifetime and even the likes of Netflix with the help of NordVPN. It’s fast thanks to its proprietary NordLynx protocol and unlimited bandwidth.
With NordVPN, you get the option of connecting to various specialty servers including P2P (optimizing for torrenting) and Onion Over VPN (an extra layer of security). This VPN also provides 24-hour support should you need any help when setting up or accessing Lifetime. All of your internet traffic is encrypted, plus a kill switch and protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks. With just one subscription, you can use NordVPN on six devices at once.
NordVPN offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. It also has Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions. To use it with a compatible wireless router, you’ll need to set this up manually.
- Some 2,000 servers available in the US
- Works with Lifetime, Netflix, Prime Video, and more
- Very fast server speeds as well as unlimited bandwidth
- Specialty servers including P2P and Onion Over VPN
- Independently audited no-logs policy
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Fairly expensive single month plan
BEST VPN FOR LIFETIME:NordVPN is our #1 pick. It easily unblocks Lifetime and also works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Prime Video. Some 2,000 US servers are available. No-logs VPN with 24-hour support. Secure with military-grade encryption. You can try NordVPN risk-free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
SAVE up to 66% on a 2 year plan
Discount applied automatically
Surfshark has servers in 100 countries which is more than any other VPN on this list. You can use it to stream Lifetime from abroad thanks to its 600+ servers in the US. The US servers can be found in 25 cities, making it easier to find a fast server closer to your location. Surfshark works well with Netflix and is able to securely access more than 30 Netflix libraries. This VPN provider uses the WireGuard protocol so you can expect lag-free streaming.
You can use Surfshark to connect all of your devices simultaneously. These devices will benefit from security features including high-end encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch. Surfshark provides extras including MultiHop servers for two or more layers of encryption. You can even find a malware and tracker blocker. Need assistance? Live chat and email support is available 24 hours a day. Surfshark also operates a no-logs policy.
Surfshark has apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available to download. Surfshark is compatible with select routers, although manual setup is required.
- Servers available in 100 countries including the US
- Fast speeds for streaming Lifetime and Netflix lag-free
- Connect all of your devices at the same time
- MultiHop servers for an extra layer of security
- 24-hour live chat and email support
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark provides excellent value for money. It has a large network of US servers and fast connections for streaming. Stream Lifetime, Netflix, and Disney+ from overseas. MultiHop servers and a malware blocker included. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Get 2 Months FREE with a 2-year plan
Discount applied automatically
ExpressVPN is ideal for traveling abroad because it has more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries. These allow you to access a wide range of geo-blocked websites and services, Lifetime included. Indeed, ExpressVPN’s US servers are spread across two dozen locations. We’ve tested the VPN with Netflix, HBO Max, and Prime Video, and found that it performs well across the board. Unlike some VPNs, ExpressVPN doesn’t throttle bandwidth.
You can be sure that your privacy is protected when you use ExpressVPN. It operates a no-logs policy that has been independently audited by PwC. Its desktop and mobile apps and Lightway protocol have undergone independent audits. Security comes in the form of 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN’s customer support is particularly impressive with fast, knowledgeable replies 24/7 via live chat and email.
To use ExpressVPN, simply download an app for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV. Alternatively, you can find Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions. ExpressVPN even has custom firmware for quick and easy setup with wifi routers.
- Generous network of 3,000+ servers in 94 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Lifetime as well as Netflix
- Allows up to eight simultaneous connections
- No-logs policy has been independently audited
- Quality customer support via live chat and email, 24/7
- Slightly more expensive than some rival VPNs
AUDITED NO-LOGS POLICY:ExpressVPN has servers in two dozen US cities and works with Lifetime as well as Netflix. Absolutely no bandwidth throttling. Independently audited no-logs VPN service with AES encryption and quality customer support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
SAVE: 49% on the annual plan
Coupon applied automatically
CyberGhost provides more servers than most VPN services on the market. Overall, it has approximately 9,000 servers in 90+ countries, some 1,400 of which are in the US. These servers are located in nearly a dozen US cities. With CyberGhost, you can stream Lifetime as well as Netflix US online from abroad. You don’t need to worry about performance issues thanks to the fast WireGuard protocol and unlimited bandwidth.
Your streaming connection is very much secured thanks to CyberGhost’s use of military-grade encryption, protection from DNS leaks, and automatic kill switch. Notably, CyberGhost’s no-logs policy has been independently audited by Deloitte. If you’re on PC, you can benefit from the Windows security suite, which includes an antivirus. You can secure seven devices at once and you have access to 24/7 support.
Connect to CyberGhost’s US servers via its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions can be downloaded for Chrome and Firefox. With manual setup, CyberGhost can be configured to work with VPN-compatible routers.
- More servers than any other VPN on this list (9,000+)
- Capable of streaming Lifetime lag and buffer-free
- Use it to secure seven devices at the same time
- Strict no-logs policy protects your privacy
- Windows security suite with antivirus
- Doesn’t work in China
- Not much control over advanced features
VAST SERVER NETWORK:CyberGhost stands out for offering 9,000+ servers (1,400+ in the US). Compatible with Lifetime, Netflix US, and more. Unlimited bandwidth and allows up to seven simultaneous connections. Audited no-logs policy. Includes a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
SAVE 83% on the 2 year plan + 2 months FREE
Discount applied automatically
IPVanish has recently expanded its server network which now stands at over 2,000 servers. This VPN provider is headquartered in the US where over half (1,400+) of its servers are based. You can use these servers to watch Lifetime from anywhere. What’s more, streaming should be lag and buffer-free because IPVanish provides very fast server speeds and unlimited bandwidth. With a single subscription, you can connect all of your devices at the same time.
Although IPVanish makes it quick and easy to get set up and connected to a server, live chat and email support are at hand 24 hours a day. Once connected, your data is encrypted and you’re protected from DNS leaks. Should the VPN connection drop unexpectedly, the kill switch feature cuts your traffic. This prevents your data from being exposed — particularly useful if you’re using unsecure public wifi while overseas. IPVanish has a zero-logs policy.
IPVanish apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Fire TV. You can use the VPN with Linux and select wifi routers, for which IPVanish provides manual setup instructions.
- Provides more than 1,400 US servers for streaming Lifetime
- High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth
- Secure an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- Highly secure thanks to encryption and kill switch feature
- Headquartered in a Five Eyes country (the US)
- No browser extensions available
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish has more than 2,200 US servers for accessing and streaming Lifetime and Netflix US. Allows unlimited simultaneous connections with a single account. No-logs service with encryption and 24-hour support. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
SAVE 72% on the 2 year plan
Discount applied automatically
PrivateVPN is known for providing consistent unblocking of streaming platforms. These include Lifetime as well as the likes of Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu. Server speeds are more than fast enough for streaming content in 1080p HD. Although PrivateVPN operates a smaller network of just over 200 servers, you can still find servers in a dozen US cities including Dallas, Miami, and New York.
This is one of the more beginner-friendly VPN providers around. Not only is there live chat and email support, you can get free remote help and installation if needed. What’s more, PrivateVPN doesn’t outsource its customer support, so you can expect knowledgeable replies. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch all contribute to the high level of security provided by PrivateVPN.
You can choose from Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV apps. PrivateVPN supports Linux and routers but this requires manual configuration.
- Consistent unblocking of streaming services, Lifetime included
- Fast enough for 1080p HD and even 4K streaming
- User-friendly apps as well as live chat support
- Comprehensive no-logs policy — not even connection logs
- Much smaller network of around 200 servers
- Live chat isn’t available 24 hours a day
POWERFUL UNBLOCKING:PrivateVPN is highly reliable when it comes to accessing streaming services such as Lifetime, Netflix, and Prime Video. Good, consistent speeds and quality customer support. True no-logs policy and accepts bitcoin. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
SAVE 72% on the 2 year plan
Discount applied automatically
Atlas VPN continues to add to its network of servers. This now stands at more than 1,000 servers in all. You can find servers in multiple US cities and use them to watch Lifetime while traveling outside the US. Atlas VPN works with many major streaming platforms. It can access Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu. It ranks among the fastest VPNs we’ve tested, allowing for streaming that’s lag and buffer-free.
With Atlas VPN, you can expect all of the essential security features including 256-bit AES encryption, protection from DNS leaks, and a kill switch. Extras include MultiHop servers and a malware and tracker blocker. This VPN provider doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users and provides 24/7 live chat support should you have any questions. You can use Atlas VPN on as many devices as you like simultaneously.
Atlas VPN apps can be found for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Fire TV. Unfortunately, it doesn’t provide support for routers as yet.
- Can be used to access Lifetime, Netflix, Disney+, and more
- One of the fastest VPNs you can use for streaming
- Secure all of your devices at the same time
- Provides extra such as MultiHop servers
- Doesn’t provide support for routers
- Not the largest server network
EXTRA SECURITY FEATURES:Atlas VPN can help you stream Lifetime, Netflix, Hulu, and more from overseas. It’s fast and has a lot of security features such as MultiHop servers and a malware blocker. No-logs VPN with 24-hour support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
SAVE 85% on a 2 year plan
Coupon applied automatically
Methodology: Finding the best VPNs for streaming Lifetime abroad
Besides those VPNs listed in this post, many more VPN services can unblock Lifetime from abroad. However, there are multiple other factors to consider such as connection speed and server locations. Below, we provide greater insight our methodology for finding the best VPNs for streaming Lifetime abroad:
- Servers in the US: Lifetime is only available in the US. As such, any VPN you choose for streaming it from abroad must have servers in that country. You may also wish to access other websites and services, be it BBC iPlayer or CTV. For this reason, we select VPNs with servers across dozens of countries including the UK and Canada.
- Speed: Some VPNs are simply too slow for streaming Lifetime. The result is performance issues including lag and buffering. We regularly conduct speed tests to find the fastest VPNs. It’s no coincidence that most of the VPNs listed offer fast protocols such as WireGuard. All of our recommendations provide unlimited bandwidth.
- Security: A VPN should allow you to browse and stream securely. All data should be encrypted and protected from leaks. Unfortunately, many VPNs (particularly free VPNs) fall far short of this, leaving you vulnerable to security threats from hackers. We test for DNS leaks to ensure our recommendations keep you safe.
- Privacy: Having studied 140 VPN logging policies, we’re able to determine which VPNs protect your privacy (as well as which don’t!). Some VPNs keep identifying logs of users that can then be sold to third parties or otherwise shared or stolen. This is why it’s so important to only sign up with a VPN provider that operates a strict no-logs policy.
- Ease of use: In looking at a VPN’s speed and security, we’re able to test its apps first-hand. That way, we can determine just how suitable they are for beginners. Some VPNs make connecting to a server or adjusting the settings unnecessarily complicated, but we’ve found those that are quick and easy to use. All our recommendations come with live chat support.
- Value for money: A VPN subscription shouldn’t break the bank. You can always find VPNs offering steep discounts. We’ve included discount coupons in this post so you can get the best possible price. Each recommendation has a risk-free money-back guarantee.
You can find out even more about how we analyze VPNs in different areas such as speed and security in our VPN testing methodology post.
Stream Lifetime abroad FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to stream Lifetime abroad?
It’s unlikely you’ll find a free VPN that’s can access Lifetime. Unfortunately, free VPNs don’t offer many servers or IP addresses. With so many users on each server, IP addresses quickly become blacklisted by streaming platforms. Besides, free VPNs usually throttle user bandwidth. The slow speeds prevent high definition streaming, at least not without a great deal of lag and buffering involved.
The lack of security provided by free VPNs is an important factor to take into account. Free VPNs make money through ads or by logging and selling your data, but this is rarely enough to invest sufficiently in the actual service. That’s why many fail to properly encrypt your data and don’t offer extras such as MultiHop servers for extra protection. It’s also why few offer customer support, which makes them a lot less beginner-friendly overall.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Lifetime?
We haven’t encountered any evidence to suggest Lifetime takes action against accounts for accessing Lifetime from abroad. What may happen is that a VPN’s IP address becomes blacklisted and no longer works with the streaming platform. In that case, you need only switch servers to get a new US IP address and you should be good to go.
Note: we are not lawyers and nothing in this article should be taken as legal advice.
What can I watch on Lifetime?
Lifetime lets you stream live TV as well as TV shows and movies on-demand. The live streams you can watch consist of Lifetime, LMN (Lifetime Movie Network), and LRW (Lifetime Real Women). Here are some of the titles available to stream on-demand:
- Married at First Sight
- 5 Guys a Week
- Sleeping With a Killer
- Dance Moms
- Bring It!
- Little Women: LA
- Phrogging: Hider in My House
- The Rap Game
- Bride & Prejudice
- Look Who’s Stalking
- Nightmare School Moms
- Lies Beneath the Surface
- Trapped in the Farmhouse
- My Professor’s Guide to Murder
- Love By the 10th Date
- Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart
- Steel Magnolias
- With This Ring
Where can I watch Lifetime?
If you have a cable TV subscription that includes Lifetime, you can watch via the mylifetime site. Simply sign in using your cable TV login credentials. You don’t need to have cable in order to watch Lifetime, but you will need to sign up with a TV streaming service that carries the channel. You can find Lifetime included with Hulu + Live TV (USD $69.99/month and includes Disney+ and ESPN+), Philo ($25/month), and Sling TV ($40/month).