Abusing Reddit API to host the C2 traffic, since most of the blue-team members use Reddit, it might be a great way to make the traffic look legit.
[Disclaimer]: Use of this project is for Educational/ Testing purposes only. Using it on unauthorised machines is strictly forbidden. If somebody is found to use it for illegal/ malicious intent, author of the repo will not be held responsible.
Install PRAW library in python3:
See the Quickstart guide on how to get going right away!
- Go to the specific Reddit Post & post a new comment with the command (“in: “)
- Read for new comment which includes the word “out:”
- If no such comment is found, go back to step 2
- Parse the comment, decrypt it and read it’s output
- Edit the existing comment to “executed”, to avoid reexecuting it
- Go to the specific Reddit Post & read the latest comment which includes “in:”
- If no new comment is detected, go back to step 1
- Parse the command out of the comment, decrypt it and execute it locally
- Encrypt the command’s output and reply it to the respective comment (“out:” )
Below is a demonstration of the XOR-encrypted C2 traffic for understanding purposes:
Since it is a custom C2 Implant, it doesn’t get detected by any AV as the bevahiour is completely legit.
Special thanks to @T4TCH3R for working with me and contributing to this project.