DAZN is available in more than 200 different markets worldwide. However, the content available on DAZN differs around the globe for licensing reasons. If you travel abroad for work or on vacation, you may not be able to access your local version of DAZN unless you use a VPN.
The only caveat is that very few VPNs work with DAZN. This means you must pick your VPN provider extremely carefully. In this guide, we will help by highlighting which VPNs currently work with DAZN. We will also provide troubleshooting tips to get a VPN working properly if you’re having trouble accessing DAZN.
Disclaimer: Comparitech does not condone or encourage using a VPN with DAZN to circumvent restrictions on copyrighted materials. When we reference a VPN for DAZN, we are specifically talking to users residing in countries where DAZN is readily available but may be temporarily traveling and want access to their home content.
Why isn’t my VPN working with DAZN?
Streaming services like DAZN know that viewers use proxies and VPNs to bypass region locks For this reason, DAZN works hard to block as many VPNs as possible. If you try to watch DAZN using a VPN that has already been blocked, you will see the following location error message:
“DAZN not available in this country”
Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumer-facing VPNs have now been successfully blocked by DAZN. This means that you may need to switch providers if you are receiving the error message above while connected to a VPN.
If you are already subscribed to a VPN that is supposed to work with DAZN, your VPN may be having problems due to any of the reasons below:
- The VPN server IP address has been blacklisted by DAZN.
- Your device’s GPS location and IP address do not match.
- DAZN has stored a cookie on your device that tells it where you really are.
- Your real IP address is leaking and the VPN is failing to conceal your location.
- The server you’re using is not compatible with DAZN.
- The DAZN app or your browser is conflicting with your VPN.
Which VPNs do not work with DAZN?
As mentioned above, most VPNs do not work with DAZN. To help you out, we have included a list of highly-respected VPNs that we know don’t work with DAZN. If you are currently subscribed to any of the VPNs below, you will need to cancel your subscription and switch to a VPN for DAZN that works.
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access
Bear in mind that the list above is not comprehensive. There are hundreds of VPNs on the market, and unless they are on our list of the best VPNs for DAZN it is highly unlikely that they will work to watch DAZN while traveling abroad.
How to use a VPN to watch DAZN abroad?
If you are new to the world of VPNs, you may be unsure about how to use one to access DAZN. Below, we have provided a few VPN recommendations and a walkthrough that explains the entire process:
- Choose a VPN that works to watch DAZN abroad. We recommend NordVPN. Alternatively, you can try Surfshark or ExpressVPN.
- Follow the link to your preferred VPN for DAZN. Our link will get you the VPN subscription for the lowest possible cost.
- Subscribe and download the VPN app for your device. Our recommendations have apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android to let you stream DAZN on any device.
- Install the VPN app for your device and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server in the US (or in your home country) and launch the DAZN website or app.
As soon as your VPN connects, you will be able to watch sports competitions and other DAZN content from abroad while traveling. If you have any issues, scroll down for troubleshooting tips that will help you get it working.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR DAZN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for DAZN without any restrictions for a month—great if you want to stream boxing or other sports competitions while on vacation.
There are no hidden terms to be aware of—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn’t right for you and you’ll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
What are the most common VPN problems with DAZN?
To help you to identify your specific problem, we have included a list of common issues below. No matter why your VPN isn’t working, we have provided tips and fixes in this guide. You can follow the advice in this guide to fix any of the problems below:
- Your VPN has already been blocked by DAZN.
- You are experiencing a VPN or proxy error message while connected to the VPN.
- You are experiencing a location error message while connected to the VPN.
- You are failing to log in or are getting an incorrect password message on DAZN when connected to your VPN.
- Certain shows or broadcasts are unavailable on DAZN when you use a VPN.
- Your VPN is not accessing the DAZN region you asked for.
- The VPN is causing poor video playback and a lot of buffering.
How to fix a VPN with DAZN
No matter which of the problems above you are experiencing, you will be able to fix it by working through the steps below.
Remember that unless your VPN has been recommended for DAZN it is possible that it has already been blocked. If this is the case, you will need to subscribe to a VPN that has been tested recently and is known to work.
VPN is causing buffering when watching DAZN
If you are experiencing too much buffering and low-quality playback when streaming DAZN, it is possible that you may want to switch to a faster VPN that works to unblock DAZN.
Unfortunately, if your current VPN is not on our recommended list of VPNs for DAZN, you may need to switch to an alternative provider. If your VPN is known to work with DAZN but it’s making your internet too slow to enjoy streaming, try the fixes:
- Connect to a server that is physically closer to you. DAZN is available in over 200 countries, so it is worth testing a server located in a country that is closer.
- If you are trying to access DAZN USA or Canada, try testing servers on the East or West coast depending on where you are. A server closer to you will be faster.
- Ask your VPN provider which server is optimized for streaming DAZN. (We have provided a list of locations that each VPN for DAZN works with below.)
- Try changing the VPN protocol in your VPN application. We recommend WireGuard, OpenVPN UDP, or IKEv2. However, you can test any protocol that your VPN has to see if it works better for you.
- Remember that NordVPN and ExpressVPN both have proprietary VPN protocols that are designed for faster connections, so be sure to try these protocols too.
VPN not working with DAZN
If your problem is more serious and you are having trouble loading an event or show on DAZN, or are experiencing error messages while connected to the VPN, try running through the steps below.
Our tips should help you to get the VPN working. If you are still struggling, we strongly recommend that you contact your VPN’s live chat support. They should be able to help you to figure out your specific problem.
Here’s how to fix VPN not working with DAZN:
- Restart your computer, restart the VPN application, and launch your browser again.
- Try re-installing or updating your VPN application to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Clear the cookies and cache in your browser.
- Try connecting to a different VPN server location.
- Ask your VPN which server works to unblock DAZN
- Try a different browser.
- Check that DNS leak protection is enabled in the VPN application.
- Try using an alternate VPN protocol.
- Switch to streaming on a desktop PC or laptop rather than a mobile device.
- Disable geo-location/location sharing in your browser and on your device.
The list above is comprehensive which means that it should work to fix your VPN for streaming DAZN. Just bear in mind that your VPN may only work with certain DAZN regions.
Which VPNs still work with DAZN?
Unfortunately, the list of VPNs that work with DAZN has shrunk considerably in 2022. This means that you must stick to one of the providers listed below if you want to stream your account overseas.
Best VPNs to watch DAZN on vacation:
- NordVPN: Our favorite pick to watch DAZN. Superfast network of servers works to unblock DAZN in every country we tested. Strong on privacy. Has apps for all platforms. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best budget pick for DAZN. Unblocks four DAZN regions. Super fast thanks to its WireGuard protocol. Strong encryption. Allows unlimited connection with a single account.
- ExpressVPN: Consistently works to unblock around six DAZN regions. Also works with BT Sport, Sky Sport, BeIN Sport, Netflix US, and more. Secure apps for all platforms. 24/7 support.
- PrivateVPN: A great all-rounder. Highly secure and private. Great for torrenting. Works with Kodi. Only supports streaming DAZN Canada. Allows 10 simultaneous connections.
DAZN VPN troubleshooting FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to access DAZN?
No. Although there are some free VPNs available on the market, these will not work to stream DAZN on vacation. Free VPNs have very few servers around the world. This makes it easy for DAZN to spot and block those VPNs. As a result, free VPNs were the first to lose access to DAZN.
Free VPNs are also very slow. This is due to the lack of servers and the huge amount of congestion they experience from being overloaded with free users around the world. These slow speeds cause a lot of buffering, which makes free VPNs a poor choice for sports streaming, torrenting, gaming, and video conferencing.
In addition to the severe performance issues that free VPNs cause, we must strongly urge you to stay away from them for privacy and security reasons.
Free VPNs have invasive privacy policies that let them monitor everything you do online. They sell this data to third parties, which means they will sell information about your preferences and the websites you visit to advertisers, data brokers, and any other company willing to pay.
Furthermore, free VPNs have been known to lie about the level of protection they provide, they have weak or outdated encryption (and sometimes none at all), they suffer from leaks, have concerning server and app vulnerabilities, and even hide spyware in their apps. This makes using a free VPN a huge risk.
Can I use my VPN for other services too?
Yes. A VPN for DAZN will also work with most other streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. They can also be used for things like sports betting and online gaming, just remember to do so safely – Casivo can help with this. But that’s not all, these VPNs can also be used for additional security while traveling, using public wifi, or online banking.
Long story short, your DAZN VPN can be used for many other purposes, so you will get a lot of bang for your buck.
Is using a VPN with DAZN legal?
It’s important to remember that DAZN has a lot of copyright material that is subject to licensing agreements. It is against the DAZN’s terms of service to use a VPN to circumvent these restrictions when residing in another country.
This is why we only recommend using a VPN for DAZN when you’re temporarily traveling abroad. For example, if you’re from the UK but on vacation in Spain, you might want to watch your favorite Premier League team play. A VPN that works with DAZN would allow you to do this.